Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jason's Favorite Photos: Special Near-Infrared Film Edition

Hi folks! It's been a couple of weeks since I posted my latest fav pics ... but as previously promised, I just got a bunch of shots back from the photo lab that I took using Ilford SFX 200 near-infrared film on my old Pentax ME Super with an Osawa 49mm Red 25 filter onboard. Even though the lab's scans of the prints I got have come out a bit foggy (quite different that the nice sharp prints themselves), I still think these scanned images are worth displaying here. The near-infrared spectrum that the film and the filter create very interesting high contrast photos with a hyper-real feel to them. Best on very sunny days, the film also makes plants and bright surfaces show up as very light or white - which also makes for neat effects. Anyhow I very much like SFX 200, and if you shoot 35mm film I highly recommend that you check it out. [And if anyone can find it in their heart to donate me a professional high-quality film and negative scanner, I will inscribe that person's name onto the Open Media Boston Honor Roll of the Chariots of Fire.]


Reflections


Children at Greenway Fountain


Building on Bright Day


Sometimes People Look Like Cutouts


Windows and Shadow


Hidden Fountain


Ghost Building


Modernist Christ Statue


Burning Bush


Chimney and Sky


Tasty Gelato


Church on Bright Day


Tunnel Redux

This blog post and all photos are published under the following license: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2009 Jason Pramas.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jesse Kirdahy-Scalia said...

Very cool. I especially dig the fountain pic. Great contrast on the water.

August 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home